1) Karl is having nightmares about his uncle Steven Vincent. Steven disappeared on Christmas Eve 1975, exactly one year after his wife was killed. Were vampires involved in Steven’s disappearance?
2) Karl is visited by a mysterious lady who calls herself Dominique Alexander who is seeking his help to take down a vampire (in true noir style.) Karl follows her to the cemetery.
3) We jump to Karl waking up in his office, he passed out and can’t remember what happened, but his arm is bandaged, blood has been drawn from him while he was passed out.
4) Karl is visited by the time traveling Athanasius (Nathan) Timon, Athena’s father (Last Rites: The Return of Sebastian Vasilis.) Who tells Karl what happened (I don’t want to give away everything here, suffice to say that the lady that visited Karl wasn’t Dominque Alexander.)
5) Nathan tells Karl that he must obtain the Equality Crystals before Dracula obtains them for the Equality Equinox.